RENT GUARANTEE & LEGAL
0208 847 8000
This product provides cover for legal and advisors costs and proceedings when a tenant fails to perform their obligations under the tenancy agreement. In conjunction with the legal expenses cover, the policy also covers the rent arrears, subject to certain terms and conditions, owed by the tenant.
BENEFITS OF LANDLORD INSURANCE
The full terms and condition can be found below but the main benefits include:
- Advisors costs up to 25,000 per claim.
- Monthly Rental up to £2,500 per month (Maximum £15,000 per claim).
- Flexible cover to match your needs.
All type of lets have to be FULLY referenced either by Discount Insurance or a Referencing company approved by Discount Insurance – these include DSS, Students, Self employed lets etc. However, for full time employed Working Tenant(s) a 4 point check* will suffice. (Please note that the details have to be valid from the START of the Tenancy Agreement).
The 4 point check is:
- Identification from the Tenant, containing a clear photograph;
- Either a Utility Bill or Bank Statement;
- Credit check - clear of CCJ’s, bankruptcies & indicating confirmation of residency;
- Confirmation of employment – a written employers’ reference on company letter headed paper confirming the Tenant’s permanent and current employment and that their salary is at least a multiple of 2.5 of the Tenant’s Rent (The documents should be no more than one month old from the start of the Tenancy).
* Please note that if the 4 point check is applied & is in place, there will be no need to do a Full Profile – though in the event of a claim, the responsibility lies with the
insured to produce the appropriate documents. A 4 point check is only applicable if the Tenant(s) have not yet moved into the property before the first continuous policy is incepted.
For further information or advice about Tenant Referencing, please contact Discount Insurance Tenant Referencing on 0845 245 0760.